Knowing and asking for what you need is a valuable maturity skill. We help people grow in this skill by giving options during the Check-In process. A menu of "asks" is helpful to process what you need before asking.
Here is what we have on our Check-In menu to select how the group can serve individuals after they have shared how they're feeling:
1. Continue on with the rounds -- Was it enough for you to just share how you are feeling?
2. Pray for you -- Now or throughout the week?
3. Listen to God with you -- Would you like us to listen to God with you and share with
you what we sense He may want you to know about this?
4. Share stories and/or advice -- Would you like us to share about when we were in similar situations and how we walked through them?
5. Quiet and be with you -- Do you want to take a moment for the group to sit with you in how you are feeling without any verbal response?
Do you find it helpful to have choices when you're not sure how to ask for help?